Mission

Camper and Nicholsons Yachts srl is synonymous with the world of yachting. Since yacht and boat building commenced at Camper and Nicholsons back in 1782, some of the finest and most famous yachts in the world have been built by the company.

Several of these yachts have earned immortality in the history books for their illustrious racing careers, particularly the magnificent ‘J’ Class racers of the 1920s and ‘30s. Both “Shamrock IV” and “Shamrock V” were designed by Charles Nicholson and built for Sir Thomas Lipton to challenge for the America’s Cup. “Endeavour” and “Velsheda” were also Camper and Nicholsons yachts, the first built for one of Britain’s most celebrated yachtsmen, Sir Thomas Sopwith, who’s aircraft company was largely responsible for building Britain’s First World War air force, and the second for Woolworth Chairman William F Stephenson.

Camper and Nicholsons also produced one of the largest motor yachts ever built in Britain, the 1629 ton “Philante”, subsequently converted and renamed “Norge” for her new role as the Norwegian Royal Yacht.

The Herring Gull, a restored 50-ft Gelyce built in 1926 as Ellesdee.